Sunday, March 27, 2016

Wine Dinner #1 3/9/16

Okay, so I'm doing this post a bit later than when I did the wine dinner, so part of my memory is hazy. My friends and I ate at Kumo Asian Bistro in Northern Virgina during Spring Break. Here's how it went:

The first wine I had was the Bella Bellina Moscato Lemonata. I tasted this wine with yellow tail jalapeno. I thought this was a good combo since I actually like this wine since it was sweet. I wrote down the word "neutralize", so I'm assuming that the sweetness calmed down the spiciness from the jalapeno. I however, did not like the mix between this Moscato and the spicy squid. I don't really remember why since I didn't note it down.

The second wine I had was the Starborough Sauvignon Blanc 2015. One thing I had with this wine was rock shrimp. I did not like this combo because I felt like the bitterness from the Sauvignon Blanc didn't mix well with the sweetness and spiciness from the shrimp. Later on, I also had this wine with beef, and I actually thought this was a good mix. I don't fully remember why unfortunately.

The third wine I had was the Blackstone Pinot Noir 2014. I tried the Pinot Noir with spicy squid and I noted that I didn't think they mixed well. I also noted that I tried this wine with an Angry Dragon sushi roll, which was a better combination than with the spicy squid, but I still didn't like it. I distinctly remember I tried this wine with eel and I HATED the combination. The wine brought out the full seafood smell/taste from the eel, and that personally tasted disgusting to me. I think I didn't like this wine that much, which is why I didn't think it combined with many of the foods well. Lastly, I had this wine with beef, which I noted that the beef brought out the earthiness taste from the wine.

The last wine I had was the Menage a Trois California Red Wine 2014. The only food I noted I had with this wine was the beef, which I noted it was a okay mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment