Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tasting - Cocoa di Vine Chocolate Wine

Name: Cocoa di Vine Chocolate Wine
Variety: Moscato, Torrontes, Pedro Ximenez
Region: New York
Country: USA
Year: Non vintage
Price: $9.99

Critic Review (Bottle and name look the same, the country is wrong on this site, so I hope this is the right wine): Looks like you are pouring chocolate milk into your glass. The taste is rich and creamy somewhat reminiscent of Bailey's Cream. While I would never think of wine after tasting this there is alcohol present. All the wine nerds may turn up their nose but this is a perfect dessert drink. The only thing that could make this any better would be to put a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla in it.

My Review: From when I first saw the wine, I was ready to taste it, since it was different and it was combined with chocolate! From the nose, you can pretty much guess I smelled chocolate, and if there was anything else, it was drowned out by the chocolate smell. After drinking it, I felt a little let down, since while it did taste okay, I felt like the the wine taste didn't go extremely well with the red wine taste I got from it. It felt like drinking some red wine that was mixed with some really thick melted chocolate. Overall it was okay and not the worst I've had, but not exactly something I really liked.

I did not taste food with this wine.

Critic Source: https://www.vivino.com/wineries/opici/wines/cocoa-di-vine-8888

Variety Source: http://www.stewswinesnj.com/r/products/cocoa-di-vine-chocolate-and-wine

No comments:

Post a Comment