Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tasting - Conte Di Campiano Primitivo Di Manduria

Name: Conte Di Campiano Primitivo Di Manduria
Variety: 100% Primitivo
Region: Primitivo Di Manduria
Country: Italy
Year: Non vintage (I think, there was no year on the bottle, or at least the server didn't see it)
Price: $15.59

Critic Review (2011 vintage): Rounded out flavors of cranberry. Very jammy and a little peppery. Despite the bold flavors, there's an unexplainable hollowness to it. It's also a bit light-bodied for a primitivo. Regardless, it's quite smooth and quaffable. Dry finish. Pretty good. 3.7/5.

We also had some of this as a mulled wine (not my idea), and it was not good. But that's just me, mulled wine really isn't my thing.

My Review: There was nothing really weird about this wine. The nose of it smelled like most other red wines I've smelled and the taste tasted like most other red wines. This wine was bitter, but luckily not mouth drying. Personally not my choice of wine since it wasn't sweet and it was bitter.

I did not taste food with this wine.

Critic Source: https://www.vivino.com/wineries/conte-di-campiano/wines/vincenzo-tribute-sessantuno-primitivo-di-manduria-9999

No comments:

Post a Comment