Saturday, April 16, 2016

Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio 2015

Name: Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio 2015
Variety: Pinot Grigio (assuming 100%)
Region: delle Venezie
Country: Italy
Year: 2015
Price: $11.29


Critic Review (Cannot confirm vintage): Looking for a crisp and refreshing white wine with citrus overtones? Look no further. Over the years this smooth drinker has become an old friend and my house go-to white.

When nicely chilled it is a great standalone sipper, pairs well with hor d'oeuvres, and boldly holds its own when complementing main course Italian fare.
Bring this Italian beauty to your next party -- you'll be glad you did.

My Review: I personally really did not like the wine. The major reason was the smell of it. I finally smelled  the barnyard smell that some Wine Library TV videos talked about. The smell just made me dislike the wine in it's entirety. There wasn't much of an aftertaste, though I could feel something there.

I did not taste this wine with food.

Critic Source: http://www.totalwine.com/wine/white-wine/pinot-grigio-pinot-gris/ecco-domani-pinot-grigio/p/11936750

Variety, Region, and Country Source: https://www.vivino.com/wineries/ecco-domani/wines/delle-venezie-pinot-grigio-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment